The Factory of this company, with an area of 5 acres, is located on site 3 of Bandar Mahshahr Petrochemical Special Economic Zone. The first unit, production of MTBE with a capacity of 45 thousand tons in 2002 and the second unit with the same capacity in 2006 was produced. Input feeding to this complex includes cut four-carbon (Raffinate 1) and methanol and its products including Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) as the main product and cut four-carbon (Raffinate 2) as a by-product.
MTBE, its features and applications:
Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether is an organic compound with the chemical formula C5H12O and is the family of saturated aliphatic ether. At standard temperature and pressure, it was colorless liquid, flammable with 88.15 molecular weight and has melting point of – 9 ° C, boiling point of 53.6-55.2 ° C and vapor pressure of 0.268 bar at a temperature of 20 ° C. MTBE at room temperature, is colorless, flammable, solubility in water and evaporative. Oxygen-containing compounds acted as octane enhancer of gasoline and has the advantage of more complete combustion of fuel and as a result, a significant reduction in exhaust emissions of cars. In some cases, as solver of gallstone was used for medical purposes.
Advantages of MTBE:
- Significantly reduce of its risk to human health and smog emissions in comparison with Tetraethyllead and other additives
- It is the fittest in comparison with other oxygen-containing materials
- Having a high octane number
- Ease of access to raw material production
- Appropriate vapor pressure and boiling point
- Its reasonableness production cost
- No corrosion and influence on metals
C4 Raffinate II, its features and applications:
Butene fractions or C4 Raffinate 2 are a mixture of C4 hydrocarbon compounds and in terms of classification of materials, are considered as liquefied gases. These gases under certain pressure and temperature, is liquid (eg in terms of production per unit MTBE) at ambient temperature and normal pressure is converted into vapor. These gases are heavier than air.
Their vapors is combustible. The combination of four carbon gases contains butane (the cis, trans-2-butene and 1-butene) and butane (isobutane and normal butane) is used in the following cases:
- As raw materials are used in the production of Olefin units.
- It is used in the production of MEK.
- It is used as the fuel.
- Ignition temperature: -80 ° C to -60 ° C (according to standard DIN 51755)
- Ignition temperature: 324 ° C to 465 ° C (according to standard DIN 51755)
- Density at 25 ° C: 580 kg per cubic meter
- Vapor pressure at 20 ° C: 1.918 bar